Pokemon Dream World Q & A
- Q: How long can I play in the Dream World?
- A: You can play for upto 1 hour in the Dream World. Once this limit is reached, you will be prompted to awaken your pokemon or to leave them 'tucked in'.
If you choose to leave them, or you close the window before your time is up you can awaken them from either the Global Link main page or from your Global Link profile on the Dream World tab.
- Q: How many times can I tuck in a pokemon each day?
- A: This is a question that most people seem to have the wrong answer for. In my experience, you can tuck in a pokemon as many times as you like, even outside of your 1 hour of Dream World time. If you cannot do this, your next question will probably be as follows.
- Q: I have tried to tuck in a pokemon but I get the message 'The Game Sync has run out of energy and will take a day to recharge'. What does this mean?
- A: I've only had this message once when attempting to tuck in a pokemon, and it was after using Game Sync and not saving afterwards. I suspect it's to do with the time that you last saved, so if you change the DS clock or switch to a different DS it probably results in this message.
Just ensure that every time you use Game Sync, save before you turn off your DS. If you turn off your DS directly after using Game Sync, you're likely to get this message next time your try to use Game Sync.
- Q: I've tried this and I still get the message. What gives?
- A: Drop me an email and we'll discuss this. I'm just as eager to find out as you are.
- Q: How do I get more rows in my garden?
- A: You will receive a third row at 900 Dream Points, a fourth at 2,100 Dream Points, and since the June '11 update, a fifth row at 3,500 Dream Points.
- Q: How do I catch a Dream World Vulpix or Poliwag?
- A: They both appear in the Pleasant Forest once you've obtained over 10,000 Dream Points. Yes, that is a lot but for an overpowered pokemon I'd say it's fair.
- Q: I completed the game for an Eeveelution. Where is my Espeon/whatever?
- A: If you completed the Breakout-style minigame and befriended one of the Eeveelutions before the cut-off date you should be able to find it under 'Promotions' on the Global Link main page after you log in.
You have to play a brief hide and seek game before your eeveelution is transfered to your Friend Board in the Dream World. Next time you wake up a pokemon, the Eeveelution will be transfered to the Entreelink Forest in Black/White.
- Q: I've got 2,500/5,000 Dream Points but I can't access the Windswept Sky/Shining Ocean areas. Why?
- A: Most sites fail to mention this, but you need 4 badges and 2,500pts to access the Windswept Sky, and 8 badges and 5,000pts to access the Shining Ocean. If you haven't got the number of badges required you'll just keep going back to the earlier areas.
- Q: I've got 2,500/5,000+ points and 4/8 badges but I still go to the Pleasant Forest most of the time. Why is this?
- A: Unfortunately, you don't get to decide which area you 'choose' to visit. Remember though, you can always return to your home using the button on the middle-left and then just try again until you get the location you wanted.
I have noticed that when you do this there can be a lower chance of pokemon showing up at all but this doesn't happen all the time. If it does just wake up your pokemon and tuck them straight back in again and it will reset the Island of Dreams.
- Q: Someone on my Pal Pad also has a Dream World home. How de we become Dream Pals?
- A: For some, unknown reason, there is no easy way to do this. The only way to visit someone's Dream World home is to find their home in the Dream World via the Dream Pal map.
Last updated 10:17am 26/09/2013 by User